West Fife Fencing Club
Based in Dunfermline, Fife, WFFC is one of the most successful fencing clubs in Great Britian. Started in 2000 by club coaches Ken and Lorraine Rose, the club now boasts 15 GB Champions and 166 Scottish Champions. We have a broad range of abilities within our membership, from absolute beginners to members of Great Britain and Scottish squads.
Come along an try your hand at this fabulous sport - whether you just want to keep fit or aspire to fence at the highest levels we can help you achieve your full potential.
The club runs three nights a week (6pm - 9:30pm) from 6pm to 7pm we run a class for beginners and improvers.
The classes are normally run by our coaches Ken Rose and Mike O'Donnell. Once the class session is finished then the format changes to free fencing using electric boxes and individual lessons. Lessons are available for foil, epee and sabre.
Individual lessons with Ken, Lorraine and Mike can be booked at the club.
Where we meet:
- Queen Anne High School, Broomhead Parks, Dunfermline KY12 0PQ
When we meet:
- Monday - 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Wednesday - 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Thursday - 6:00pm - 9:30pm
What it costs:
- Your first night is FREE!
- Joining fee of £30 covers 1 month club membership and 1 year membership of Scottish and British Fencing.
- Club fees are £19.00 per month.
- This fee includes use of all club equipment and class sessions
How old do I need to be to start fencing?
- WFFC welcomes fencers from the age of 6 and older
What equipment do I need ?
- None - all equipment is provided for those who need it.
Do I need to bring anything else with me?
- We recommend you bring a water bottle and wear long trousers or tracksuit bottoms, a t-shirt and trainers. WFFC can provide everything else.